POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rain Forest : Re: Rain Forest Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:25:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rain Forest
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 Mar 2005 03:18:14
Message: <4243c946$1@news.povray.org>
"gerberc" <ni.### [at] bluewinch> schreef in bericht
> This scene makes use of the eval_pigment function to place trees on 2
> hight_fields. There are more than 10000 trees and palms.
>
> About the image: The trees were made with POVTree, palms are freebies from
> the internet (sorry, I forgot where I downloaded them)textured in POV-Ray,
> clouds are made with Gill Tran's MakeCloud and the parrots are Poser
> models. The scene rendered in 4.5 hours at 1600x1200 and peak memory used
> was about 350 MB only.
>
> Regards and have a nice easter weekend, Christoph

Very impressive, Christoph! I had not yet had the time to use the
eval_pigment function, but I confess that you have pushed me to it. Like was
said above, it would make an excellent illustration for an adventure
book.... I hope to write one myself, one day...

Thomas