POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kotoji - Final [162 Kb Jpeg] : Re: Kotoji - Final [162 Kb Jpeg] Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kotoji - Final [162 Kb Jpeg]
From: Bill Hails
Date: 22 Mar 2005 15:35:35
Message: <42408194@news.povray.org>
Ross wrote:

> however, this texture is a lot better than some of the WIP version. my
> only complaint is the water looks too grainy up close. looks good on the
> distant water, just a little unnatural on the near water.
>
> nice work

Thanks, I was feeling a bit flat last night, I'd been expecting
more from the higher quality settings.

The bark texture does look pretty good imo (see attached jpg), shame it
doesn't come across so well in the final.

The AA is pretty high as it is:
Sampling_Method=1
Antialias_Threshold=0.1
Antialias_Depth=4
I'd experimented with method 2 but the render times went way up,
I'd have to commit to some pretty slow renders to get rid of the
last of the graininess from the water.

--
Bill Hails
http://thyme.homelinux.net/