POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : glassware - 116Ko - bouchon.jpg (1/1) : Re: glassware - 116Ko - bouchon.jpg (1/1) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: glassware - 116Ko - bouchon.jpg (1/1)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 20 Mar 2005 22:35:08
Message: <423e40ec@news.povray.org>
I always like to see things like this, reminding me of what a ray tracer is
all about. I think this has the look of some earlier ray traces from the
1990's. I tend to get lost in the many others now which are more complex or
analytic or artistic and forget they are ray traced.

You might want to add a slightly softened shadow using area_light, although
that might deter from the clean and sharp appearance. I didn't read if
anyone else replied to suggest that yet. There is softness to the caustics,
so maybe that's why it is so appealing to me, too.

Bob Hughes