POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alpha On Corrupting HDRI : Re: Alpha On Corrupting HDRI Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alpha On Corrupting HDRI
From: Slime
Date: 20 Mar 2005 18:28:01
Message: <423e0701$1@news.povray.org>
> Thanks, the sample scene from Nicolas was very useful.  I am not yet
> completely sure what is the best solution but the source of the problem
> is identified.

Noticed you posted a bug report in povray.bugreports. I'm just curious why
you think that Compensate_For_Alpha_AA is the source of the problem? I had
also suspected that it was the source, but then I noticed that it didn't
change from POV-Ray 3.5 to 3.6.

Do you think that it worked wrong in 3.5 also, but it never caused a problem
because color clipping occured earlier in the process?

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]