POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alpha On Corrupting HDRI : Re: Alpha On Corrupting HDRI Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:25:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alpha On Corrupting HDRI
From: Slime
Date: 18 Mar 2005 21:33:57
Message: <423b8f95@news.povray.org>
> You mean this is not a MegaPOV problem but also exists in official
POV-Ray?

Yes.

> In any case could you point me to where the problem is clearly described
> including a minimal test scene?

The minimal test scene would be any object with a bright pigment (rgb
<1,2,3> for instance) plus a light source. I believe the problem is that
POV-Ray is "normalizing" the colors before outputting them; that is,
dividing every color by its brightest component if any component is greater
than 1.

I think the last message to talk about this was "Problem with option +ua" in
this group on January 11, and my response to that message referenced two
earlier messages: "alpha output color problem" on 1/1/05, and "possible
bug?" on 11/28/04. Or just search for messages from me in this group
containing the word "alpha."

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]