POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shaker [WIP] : Re: Shaker [WIP] Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shaker [WIP]
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 18 Mar 2005 15:54:11
Message: <423b3ff3$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim McMurdo" <jod### [at] wohrrcom> wrote in message
> This image is progressing very well. I am very excited about the progress
> you are making. You are capturing the simplicity of shaker life very well.

Thanks!  Unlike some of my other pictures, I'm actually trying not to
clutter this, but to simply add more detail.  In fact, the whole notion of
"clutter" is apparently something that was essentially a sin (for them).

> Have you visited one of the shaker villages yet?

No, I haven't.  But that idea appeals to me much more today than it would
have a few months ago.  When I made the "Radio Graves" picture, I researched
antique radios and gathered an appreciation for them, and it's a similar
appreciation in this case.  Again, it's the wood textures that intrigue me
the most, I suppose.  But with the Shaker items, my intrigue is undoubtedly
coupled with the simple designs, which can allow me to concentrate more on
the textures and other details.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com