POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alpha On Corrupting HDRI : Re: Alpha On Corrupting HDRI Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:25:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alpha On Corrupting HDRI
From: Slime
Date: 18 Mar 2005 00:35:10
Message: <423a688e@news.povray.org>
> HDRI reflections go horribly wrong when I render with Alpha output, in
> MegaPOV.  The HDRI image has a no_image tag on it and I'm rendering with
> saved radiosity data.  Is this a known issue?  Are there workarounds or
> fixes that I should know about?

It's been pointed out by myself and at least a couple other people in the
past. The workaround is to use POV-Ray 3.5, but that's probably not an
option if you're using HDRI... =\

Still no word from the developers on this issue, unless I've missed it. I
took a brief look at the source code in 3.5 and 3.6 and didn't see any
differences in the places that I would have thought were relevant.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]