POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Porting povray to QNX6 : Re: Porting povray to QNX6 Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:08:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Porting povray to QNX6
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 17 Mar 2005 01:51:31
Message: <423929A1.F715E943@gmx.de>
Mike Gorchak schrieb:

>  CH> There should not be any patches required to compile POV-Ray on a system
>  CH> with a standard conforming C++ Compiler.
>
> I got numerous warnings and errors with the type casting,

These are no errors, just warnings and you can turn them off in your
compiler settings.  Patches are neither needed not a good way to avoid
those warnings.

>  CH> Note this refers to the core code, the Unix frontend might not work
>  CH> without changes on some systems.
>
> I've added Photon GUI code (like X11 and SVGA code). I think it would be
> nice to include it into the mainstream sources. How I can send the patches
> concerning GUI for first time ? Post it here ?

I am not sure what you are talking about here - does it have to do
anything with photon mapping in POV-Ray?

You can post patches in povray.binaries.programming.

-- Christoph