POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : POV conversion tool for 3D Studio Max files? : Re: POV conversion tool for 3D Studio Max files? Server Time
18 May 2024 23:57:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV conversion tool for 3D Studio Max files?
From: Vincent Simar
Date: 15 Mar 2005 15:46:08
Message: <42374890.EC06AE05@ping.be>
> ...I realized that the time-honoured 3DS2POV converter can't handle modern
> 3D Studio Max files.
>
> So my question: does anybody here around know of POV converters for more
> contemporary 3DS files?

If you are using windows, you can use POSERAY.
The v3.8.7 has just been released this week.
It take 3DS file, and export it to POV.

http://user.txcyber.com/~sgalls/index.htm

In the requirement, FlyerX said that some users have reported that PoseRay
also works with some emulators for Mac or Linux...

http://user.txcyber.com/~sgalls/poserayhelp.htm#requirements

Vincent

P.S.
I wanted to reply, using the web view of the news group, but it wasn' t
possible !
There was no "Post a reply to this message" under your question.
So I have to use the standard newsreader at news://news.povray.org/ ???