POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : POV conversion tool for 3D Studio Max files? : POV conversion tool for 3D Studio Max files? Server Time
17 May 2024 06:37:30 EDT (-0400)
  POV conversion tool for 3D Studio Max files?
From: Yadgar
Date: 15 Mar 2005 03:56:20
Message: <4236A434.3000703@gmx.de>
High!

Currently, I'm working on a 3D frontpage cover for the web version of a
newspaper issued by a vocational training center in Cologne, Germany. As
the name of the newspaper is "Ente" (duck), which is colloquial German
for "press hoax", I had the idea of programming a nostalgic 70s retro
scene containing a Citroen 2CV (and, of course, a pretty long-haired
hippie dude) - which is in Germany also called "Ente".

As I remember from a posting back in 2003 on p.b.i. (by Gilles Tran? The
title was "Not for sale anymore"...), I know that free 3DS models of the
Citroen 2CV exist on the web, but after downloading the model at
http://www.cadthai.com/dw/md/2CV6scenes.zip, I realized that the
time-honoured 3DS2POV converter can't handle modern 3D Studio Max files.

So my question: does anybody here around know of POV converters for more
contemporary 3DS files?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar