POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : KnotPlot Splines and Ropes : KnotPlot Splines and Ropes Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  KnotPlot Splines and Ropes
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 14 Mar 2005 12:45:52
Message: <4235cdd0@news.povray.org>
The first image was made by lifting a spline from KnotPlot and running
it through Mike Williams' Ropes2.inc file:
http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/pov/rope.htm

I'm still puzzling over getting the twistiness right so that it lines up
at the bottom.  Trial and error got me close.

The second is a blob thing made from the 4 edge splines from KnotPlot.
(See the other knotplot spline post above).

Dave Matthews

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'celticrope06.jpg' (33 KB) Download 'sp_b_04_02bs.jpg' (82 KB)

Preview of image 'celticrope06.jpg'
celticrope06.jpg

Preview of image 'sp_b_04_02bs.jpg'
sp_b_04_02bs.jpg