POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glassy markings on checkered plane : Re: Glassy markings on checkered plane Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glassy markings on checkered plane
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 11 Mar 2005 10:10:46
Message: <4231b4f6@news.povray.org>
povray wrote:

>     Nice bit of work.

Thanks.

>     This is purely a subjective comment but the colors of the
> lights are kind of harsh to my eyes: I would perhaps make the
> checkers light gray and dark gray instead of black and white
> and maybe also reduce the saturation of the colors of each light.
> Still: it is your picture and if that is the effect you were
> shooting for, more power to you.

Hmm. You're right, that might be worth of trying.

The effect I was aiming for was originally just a question mark made of
glass. But it was a bit plain and... You know :)

>     At the cost of render time you might want to play with
> area lights to get fuzzy shadows.

Good idea. I'm allready thinking also to make the plane a bit reflective
also. I'll see what I'll get to with this.

>     I also wonder how this would look with photons.  :)

Just look the picture, it has them.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net