POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : (Not my) first post : (Not my) first post Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  (Not my) first post
From: Rick Measham
Date: 10 Mar 2005 15:02:21
Message: <4230a7cd@news.povray.org>
I'd posted here before reading that my first post was supposed to be my
take of a reflective sphere on a checkered background. Now I see the
error of my ways, I've done the longest render of my POV-Life (15h 09m
13s) in order to bring you my image.

Unfortunately I made a spelling mistake (yeah, right!) and thought I was
supposed to do a REFRACTIVE sphere. So I whacked a whole bunch of
spheres together, called it a blob, got some texturing working, added
focal blur, tried my hand at media (still don't really get it), designed
a better checkered plane and give you this image.

[If you've just started POV-Ray and you're looking to see what other
first posts look like, this isn't mine. I've been playing for a few
weeks now ... look for my Monopoly Car, that's my real first post]

Please let me know what you think. I'm almost happy with everything here.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'iceblock.jpg' (125 KB)

Preview of image 'iceblock.jpg'