POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Moon Picnic (~295k) : Re: Moon Picnic (~295k) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:03:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moon Picnic (~295k)
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 9 Mar 2005 02:37:50
Message: <422ea7ce$1@news.povray.org>
> Any other feedback would be greatly appreciated...

In proportion to other items I'd judge that your tree is 8-10 feet high...
leaves on a small tree like that would likely be sparser and larger.  Leaf
size doesn't tend to vary much with tree size.

The grass is quite large in comparison to the blanket as well.

Heavy objects on a blanket would tend to compress the grass underneath and
wouldn't be so smooth, a height_field might catch the feeling better.

The horizon is quite stark, you could try focal bluring, or simulate weak
atmospheric scattering.

The moon surface is excesively ganulated, it could be a tad smoother.

-----

This is a perty image, I kind of like it =)