POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : nuclear explosion v0.2 : Re: nuclear explosion v0.2 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: nuclear explosion v0.2
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 8 Mar 2005 12:52:12
Message: <422de64c@news.povray.org>
"Tom Melly" <pov### [at] tomandlucouk> schreef in bericht
> I think mainly that I'm making an assumption about the scale of both the
> background (mainly the mesa on the left), and the ground-objects.
>
> Also, something about the smoke gives an impression of the scale.
>
> I find it hard to pin it down exactly, but basically my brain keeps
telling
> me that it's about 80ft high...

after some more research, I think I know what's the problem: as someone
already mentioned, the smoke, dust and fire isn't dense enough to make it
look big.  Also the dust-shockwave needs more detail, more structure, and it
should be bigger.

cu!
--
ZK AKA Gaeriel