POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : nuclear explosion v0.2 : Re: nuclear explosion v0.2 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: nuclear explosion v0.2
From: Tom Melly
Date: 8 Mar 2005 12:23:04
Message: <422ddf78@news.povray.org>
"Zeger Knaepen" <zeg### [at] studentkuleuvenacbe> wrote in message
> "Tom Melly" <pov### [at] tomandlucouk> schreef in bericht
> > Nice - looks small, but that's okay. Sort of like the nuke explosion in
T3
> > when arnie throws the damaged power-pack out of the van...
>
> hmm, what is it that makes it looks small?  The background?

I think mainly that I'm making an assumption about the scale of both the
background (mainly the mesa on the left), and the ground-objects.

Also, something about the smoke gives an impression of the scale.

I find it hard to pin it down exactly, but basically my brain keeps telling
me that it's about 80ft high...

You could try rendering it on a featureless plain and re-posting - that
might give an idea as to whether the assumed scale is a product of the
scenery or something intrinsic to the explosion.