POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : nuclear explosion v0.2 : Re: nuclear explosion v0.2 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:23:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: nuclear explosion v0.2
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 8 Mar 2005 06:22:08
Message: <422d8ae0$1@news.povray.org>
"jaime" <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> schreef in bericht
> Zeger Knaepen wrote:
> > slightly better shape, and a better background :)
> > but it took 10 minutes to trace this time
>
>    Almost AWESOME ROLEX quality... I only miss the explosion lighting
> the mountains, but that would need some magic.

well, it actually should be possible... the lighting shouldn't be as
detailed as the mountains really are, so a simplistic model of the
mountains, textured with the background-image, could be used to simulate
lighting.

The only real problem is the shadow of the smoke and dust.  The whole
explosion has a no_shadow modifier, because otherwise it renders about 100
times slower :-/
I might be able to fake the shadow too...

>    I second Skip and Slime requests for the explanation: it should be
> really interesting to read...

Once it's animatable, I'll post the source :)

cu!
--
ZK AKA Gaeriel
http://www.povplace.be.tf