POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Moon Picnic (~295k) : Re: Moon Picnic (~295k) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:05:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moon Picnic (~295k)
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 7 Mar 2005 04:16:39
Message: <422c1bf7@news.povray.org>

news:web.422c0aa9aa345ab5ce313a1c0@news.povray.org...
> Sorry about the file size, but I feel I need it for my main question which
> is...
> So I've made this picture, I'm not quite happy with it so it's still a WIP
> in my mind.  Mainly I don't like the leaves on the tree and the surface on
> the moon, any one have any ideas to make the leaves less 'flat' (or more
> real) or to add craters to the moon?
>
> Any other feedback would be greatly appreciated...

Hehe I agree deadline is not the end of life for an image

for craters I remember Johannes Dahlstrom's solution
Image here
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C3dca6f17%40news.povray.org%3E/

scene files here
http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/thread/%3C3dc77c06%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=208560&toff=100