POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface cylindrical ramp?, cam lift hinge : Re: Isosurface cylindrical ramp?, cam lift hinge Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:04:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface cylindrical ramp?, cam lift hinge
From: Rick Measham
Date: 7 Mar 2005 02:46:56
Message: <422C06F5.30201@nomail>
Mike Williams wrote:
> I don't think that works at all well. When the hinge is part open, the
> whole weight of the door is supported on a single point of contact, and
> that's going to damage the hinge. Here's a close-up of just the contact
> surfaces showing the problem.

Just ran downstairs to check .. only thing I got wrong is the angle.
Probably closer to 30 than the 45 I put in there. The hinge does indeed
rest on on that small point.

The plastic part of the hinge is a fairly strong plastic that's not
going to break too soon as this building is 10+ years old .. and I've
never seen one of these hinges broken anywhere.

Cheers!
Rick