POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rope macro - Work in progress : Re: Rope macro - Work in progress Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rope macro - Work in progress
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 3 Mar 2005 03:32:15
Message: <4226cb8f@news.povray.org>
"Mike Williams" <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> schreef in bericht
news:Ya6### [at] econymdemoncouk...

> If you happen to find out why that doesn't work, and how to fix it,
> please let me know.

I had no problems, Mike!
I included the file name to the macros, then called the rope with the
following code (in Rope.pov, but could be in any other scene I guess):

#include "ropedata.inc"
object {Surface
  texture { uv_mapping
    pigment {gradient v-5*u
      colour_map {
        [0   rgb <1,0.8,0.7>]
        [0.5 rgb <1,0.8,0.7>*0.5]
        [1   rgb <1,0.8,0.7>]
      }
      scale 0.003
    }
  }
  translate <0.5, 0, 0.5>
}

...and I got two identical ropes side by side (the original one, and the one
from ropedata.inc).

Thomas