POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Leaving home - 91kb : Re: Leaving home - 91kb Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:07:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Leaving home - 91kb
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 3 Mar 2005 01:19:31
Message: <4226ac72@news.povray.org>
The right honourable Dave Matthews spake:

> Stefan Viljoen <ryl### [at] polardcom> wrote:
>> This ASX (advanced spheroid xenoform) has just lost its home solar system
>> in a supernova explosion and is looking for a new home. Notice the
>> distortion of its craft's near edges as it approaches C and prepares to
>> tachyon-shift to superluminal flight.
>>
>> -- Encyclopaedia Galactica,
>> encg://xenoforms/sentient/images/asx3393/nova.udiml
>>

>> --
>> ---
>> Stefan Viljoen
>> Software Support Technician / Programmer
>> Polar Design Solutions
>
> I like it!  Guessing from the jpg filename, did you use tesselsphere to
> make the shape?
>
> Dave Matthews

Yep - just the framework though. A very interesting program - it was my
first try but somehow the shell looked interesting but too... empty
somehow. So I put a reflective and transmittive sphere in there, put in a
galaxy and lensflare and viola!

Oh yeah and thought up some sci-fi hogwash to put in the post...

Thanks for looking at the image,
--
---