POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Oldest version of gcc possible for build? : Re: Oldest version of gcc possible for build? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:00:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oldest version of gcc possible for build?
From: BobR
Date: 1 Mar 2005 21:52:23
Message: <42252a67@news.povray.org>
Ross wrote in message <420bbcba$1@news.povray.org>...
>"Jules" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
>> Brings back memories of playing around with DKBtrace in the early 90's on
>>an old 486 :-)
>>
>> Ahhh, 8 mins 25 seconds for a test render on the Tek compared to 2
seconds
>> on my desktop PC...
>
>Some people might start to think you enjoy pain... Could be a whole new
>subclass of benchmarks. ** Slowest render times. **

Dang, I gotta get my old '79 Apple II+[1] out of it's suitcase!! Is there an
PovRay source in 6502 assembly code available?
<G>

[1] I have a full 48k of RAM in that puppy!! And a 10Meg 'Sider' HD, WOW!!
It's hard to realize that set-up was capable of running a small business
back then. :-}
--
Bob R
POVrookie