POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rope macro - Work in progress : Re: Rope macro - Work in progress Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:03:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rope macro - Work in progress
From: dlm
Date: 28 Feb 2005 12:22:35
Message: <4223535b@news.povray.org>
Mike,
Best I've seen so far.
Rope technicalities - attention to detail.
A cabled rope is typically a 3-start helical bundle. And typically
right-handed.
A nice example is at
http://www.bestdock.com/pics/extras/Rope.JPG
Your rope looks like it has about 6 strands and is left-handed.
Also in the first bend (from the left) it appears to be unravelling (strands
are more parallel with main axis).
Keep up the good work.
DLM