POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : new contest (66 kb) : Re: new contest (66 kb) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:25:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new contest (66 kb)
From: Jim Charter
Date: 28 Feb 2005 11:30:36
Message: <4223472c$1@news.povray.org>
Jeremy M. Praay wrote:

> HDRI is simple to get good results when dealing with reflective objects,
> like glass and metal, but using it to light an object where you're used to
> specular highlights (or no highlights) can be difficult.

Yes that was exactly the situation with my leather texture.  Jaime
pretty much told me flat out that HDRI was the wrong tack to take.  I
figure if you get Jaime commenting on your lighting, the thing to do is
shut up and listen.

But further, I also have philosophical reservations with HDRI in terms
of the making of meaning.