POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: The Human Condition - Water/Sand Problem : Re: The Human Condition - Water/Sand Problem Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:08:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Human Condition - Water/Sand Problem
From: Rick Measham
Date: 28 Feb 2005 08:37:39
Message: <42231ea3@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:
> You should check out Christoph's water tutorial:
> http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0013390/pov/water/
>
> Specifically, Part 4, which talks about the interior of the water. When your
> water is an opaque surface, it will end abruptly at the coast. When the
> surface is transparent and you rely on the interior to block out the ground,
> shallow water becomes clear while deep water remains murky.

I've spent a fair while going through all this, trying to understand it.
I'm at the point now where I understand it, but it doesn't appear to be
applicable. All the examples and information refer to bodies of deep
water whereas my problem comes from an thinning body of water as it
comes to the sand.

I've yet to find an example where someone has done this, can you point
me in the right direction?

Cheers!
Rick Measham