POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : isosurfaces problem (hello Mike) [50KB] - poulie.jpg (1/1) : Re: isosurfaces problem (hello Mike) [50KB] - poulie.jpg (1/1) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 08:59:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurfaces problem (hello Mike) [50KB] - poulie.jpg (1/1)
From: Larry Hudson
Date: 27 Feb 2005 18:43:13
Message: <42225b11@news.povray.org>
kurtz le pirate wrote:
> from discussion with Mike in povray.newusers, here is my wip.
> thanks again Mike

I'm puzzled...  Not about your image, but with my viewing of it.

When I first viewed it within Thunderbird (vers 0.9 under Linux), it had
a *very* washed-out, grayish appearance -- almost a foggy monochrome.
But then I downloaded it and displayed it in GQview and the colors were
very sharp and distinct.  (I often do this because it's then easy to
keep an image just a click away while reading the comments about it.)
I've never seen a difference like this with this same software before
(and believe me, the difference was *EXTREME*).  I wondered if anyone
has a suggestion to explain what was going on.  I'm also curious whether
anyone else using Thunderbird did or didn't see this same grayed-out
image I did.

      Thanx -- Larry