POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Dire Passage - take 2 : Re: WIP Dire Passage - take 2 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:03:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Dire Passage - take 2
From: Jim Charter
Date: 27 Feb 2005 10:31:05
Message: <4221e7b9$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Hails wrote:
> I'm definately no expert, but the sea surface bothers
> me just a little, The crest of the wave going from
> the barrel to the bottom right corner in particular
> seems a little hard.

You beat me to it!  But of course the reason is that the rest is so very
convincing.

> Maybe it's just me, but perhaps increasing the
> contribution of the fine grain noise function
> just a touch might help there, or adding a finer
> grain noise function?

Maybe, but I wouldn't mess with it myself. The rest is soooo good. Just
place an object to hide it more is the safer route I would think.

> Great pic by the way.

It really is shaping up beautifully.  You might return to the foam at
some point when you are satisfied with the rest.