POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Why I won't enter PoVComp again. : Re: Why I won't enter PoVComp again. Server Time
2 Jun 2024 07:00:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why I won't enter PoVComp again.
From: Jim Charter
Date: 25 Feb 2005 10:52:01
Message: <421f49a1$1@news.povray.org>
Jeremy M. Praay wrote:

I agree with your breakdown of this and it is fairly stated. I also
thank you for re-emphasizing that the commentary was well intentioned
and much appreciated.  Again, some comments, which may have been very
well intentioned too, look like editorializing and betray a bias
strongly enough that one has to believe they are from the same person.
That was the threshold for me.  I think it was the wrong place to
indulge in this and justifyably warrented some criticism. Myself, I was
ready to let it go. But St. reacted and I believe his original feeling
of anger, at least, was valid. So I made the decision to not let him
twist alone since I had experienced the same reaction. Now I have stated
my criticism. I only wished to raise the level of awareness. Nothing
about this is so egregious to be worth any more of our time here. Like
Gilles and yourself I am now only interested in manning the firehose.

I will state only one thing further.  I truly regret that any particular
picture was drawn into the discussion.  In my mind it was never, ever
about particular pictures.