POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Why I won't enter PoVComp again. : Re: Why I won't enter PoVComp again. Server Time
19 May 2024 06:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why I won't enter PoVComp again.
From: Warp
Date: 25 Feb 2005 06:48:27
Message: <421f108b@news.povray.org>
St. <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
> "Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message
> > St. <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
> >>   Then I was right. So why entice 'other' povray users, ABX? Numbers
> >> maybe?
> >> Sorry ABX, but I am pissed with this - and if anyone thinks it's "sour
> >> grapes", you're SO wrong. I want to learn POV the way *I* want to learn
> >> it,
> >> and use it. That's what it's there for. To use.
> >
> >  I don't really understand what your POV-Ray learning preferences have
> > to do with povcomp.
> >  You are pissed off because the organizators were not looking primarily
> > for the kind of expertise you have practiced?

>   Maybe, but I didn't enter. What are you saying here?

  First you make a big fuss about "I want to learn POV the way I want
to learn it" in the context of the povcomp wanting images which use
povray features, from which can be deduced that you are not happy that
the povcomp did not want the type of images where you are strong, ie.
most or all models made in third-party programs.
  Now you say "maybe, but I didn't enter". You are not making any sense.