POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [WIP] Golden Gate Bridge : Re: [WIP] Golden Gate Bridge Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:28:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [WIP] Golden Gate Bridge
From: scott
Date: 24 Feb 2005 04:02:13
Message: <421d9815$1@news.povray.org>
Dave Matthews wrote:
> "scott" <spa### [at] spamcom> wrote:
>> Have done a few updates and changed the lighting/land texture...
>
> That's starting to look pretty good!  For the upper cable, are you
> using a sphere_sweep, or lots of spheres, or what?

Six separate sphere sweeps for the big fat cables.  The spheres in the
sphere sweep are placed every 25 metres, and the span is about 1200 metres.
I haven't got them aligned quite right yet at the tower top, because there
is some fancy wheel thing that they go over (and obviously IRL it is just
two continuous cables).