POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Nice View 2 (Dome city on Mars, AA+Rad) : Re: WIP - Nice View 2 (Dome city on Mars, AA+Rad) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - Nice View 2 (Dome city on Mars, AA+Rad)
From: John D  Gwinner
Date: 22 Feb 2005 10:55:25
Message: <421b55ed@news.povray.org>
"Alain" <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote in message
> When you have a whole city under a dome, you get a LOT of heat generated
> by all the peoples, lighting, motors, you name it... In fact, you may need
> to cool it down with some heavy duty climate control.

That's an interesting point, especially as I'd considered putting the power
generation inside the city to reuse the waste heat as steam.  This might not
be necessary then.  (it might still be a good idea, however).  Cities used
to do this for power generation, and it saved a lot of electricity.

        == John ==