POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : loosing objectivity : Re: loosing objectivity Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:28:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: loosing objectivity
From: Bill Hails
Date: 21 Feb 2005 15:49:00
Message: <421a493b@news.povray.org>
gonzo wrote:

> Wow! Major improvement over your last WIP!

You mean that RSOCP?  Yeah, I'm quite embarassed that I posted
that now, it was just something to get my fingers working again :-)

> As someone already mentioned, the tree bark is too light, as are the
> shadows in general IMO, and where the leg meets the rock doesn't look
> right, I would expect some marking of the rock surface, or bondo or
> something...
>
> RG

Tree bark dutifully darkened by a factor of 2.

I agree about the contact between rock and leg, I'm just not sure
what to do about it. I can always model a shape I guess.

Not sure about the shadows, I'm not doing anything special, just
letting the hdr probe do its thing.  I may adjust the brightness
later.

--
Bill Hails
http://thyme.homelinux.net/