POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [WIP] Golden Gate Bridge : [WIP] Golden Gate Bridge Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:28:43 EDT (-0400)
  [WIP] Golden Gate Bridge
From: scott
Date: 21 Feb 2005 15:37:12
Message: <421a4678@news.povray.org>
I have been thinking about this for a while now, but only recently had time
to start working on it.

I got the main dimensions of the bridge from their website.

http://www.goldengatebridge.org/research/factsGGBDesign.html

The land is from http://seamless.usgs.gov/ but it doesn't look quite right
yet, I have to tweak the data and of course add some textures and trees and
stuff.

I was just working on the cables this afternoon, they are so narrow compared
to the size of the bridge they don't show up unless you use really high AA
settings...

Next on my list is to use all the photos from the website to model the
bridge and towers in more detail.

Scott

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: