POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Forklift - My wife says it looks like a TOY! : Re: Forklift - My wife says it looks like a TOY! Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:31:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Forklift - My wife says it looks like a TOY!
From: Alain
Date: 20 Feb 2005 10:14:12
Message: <4218a944$1@news.povray.org>
Rick Measham nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-02-20 04:23:
> OK, I need your help. I've spent some time creating this forklift.
> However, while I understand the construction of something from the
> various 'primatives' I'm not so good on texturing.
>
> What sort of thing should I be looking to do to my forklift to get it to
> look more 'real'?
>
> One thing is to put some tread on the tyres .. it looks like a golf
> buggy at the moment!
>
> (The forklift is animated and once I work out how to reduce the size of
> my AVI I'll post it in PBA .. it take parameters for the lift of the
> forks, the angle of the rear wheels and the angle of the forks (they
> tilt back just like the real ones)
>
> Thanks for any/all help. I can post the source if anyone is interested.
>
> Cheers!
> Rick

About the treads on the tires, I've seen several forklifts with slicks, solid ruber as
tires. In
that case, you expect those to have nicks and dents in them, and very mate. It was the
case of the
first one that I saw close up in a place where I worked many years ago.
Unless brand new, the paint get scratched, chipped and worn out. Maybe some dents and
scratches on
the hubcaps, and less reflection.
I would expect a step hole a litle behind the front wheels about mid way up the side,
with diamond
plate bottom.
I would reduce the reflection on the gas thank also, I've never saw one so shiny. It
also need
mounting brackets and straps.

Alain