POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Forklift - My wife says it looks like a TOY! : Re: Forklift - Getting the color I asked for Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Forklift - Getting the color I asked for
From: Rick Measham
Date: 20 Feb 2005 07:27:29
Message: <42188231$1@news.povray.org>
Rick Measham wrote:
> What sort of thing should I be looking to do to my forklift to get it to
> look more 'real'?

I've changed the camera angle (helps) and I've sampled the color from a
real forklift. However I can't get the light right to get the color
appearing right.

Here's my light source. The lift is about 5u tall.

light_source {
   <0, 0, 0>            // light's position (translated below)
   color rgb <1, 1, 1>  // light's color
   translate <-30, 30, 30>
}

I've attached the real forklift with the sampled area circled and a
swatch showing the color. I've then applied this as a pigment (without
any other finishings) to the forklift. As you can see, the result is
very dull. What do I need to do to get the color I asked for?

Cheers!
Rick Measham