POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Nice View 2 (Dome city on Mars, AA+Rad) : Re: WIP - Nice View 2 (Dome city on Mars, AA+Rad) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:18:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - Nice View 2 (Dome city on Mars, AA+Rad)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Feb 2005 03:00:14
Message: <4218438e$1@news.povray.org>
"John D. Gwinner" <joh### [at] cornelledu> schreef in bericht

> heh.  Well, the funny thing is that he's wearing shorts - my theory being
> that all the builds are more or less 'indoors' so it's more like a Hawaii
> kind of envioronment, without the rain.  You're going to be glad you're
not
> cooped up in a suit so people won't wear much.

Just a thought. Mars being a really cold planet (thin atmosphere; distant
Sun) I wonder how warm it would get inside the dome without some substantial
artificial heating. On Earth, hot houses are heated during winter... so, is
a Hawaiian kind of environment the obvious one? Never mind. Just mumbling
away a bit. ;-)

Thomas