POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Nice View 2 (Dome city on Mars, AA+Rad) : Re: WIP - Nice View 2 (Dome city on Mars, AA+Rad) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:16:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - Nice View 2 (Dome city on Mars, AA+Rad)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Feb 2005 07:36:54
Message: <421732e6@news.povray.org>
"John D. Gwinner" <joh### [at] cornelledu> schreef in bericht

> Ok, it maybe too subtle, which I need to think about.
>
> "Nice View" refers to 3 POV's:
>
> 1) The viewer looking at the valley, which we consider unusual.  The
locals
> see it every day
> 2) The woman to the right looking down at the city from the view high
above
> it
> 3) The guy on the right checking out the woman.
>
> The problem with 3) is that the radiosity settings make the lighting too
> stark, so the cleavage she's showing as she bends over to look is somewhat
> lost.  I really don't want to make her into Anna Nicole to make it
obvious!
> The dress is a bit borderline as it is.
>
> Funny thing about poser clothes that are available - the guys are all
about
> uniforms and the women are all about ... well, let's just say there isn't
> big variety of normal clothes.

Got it! Better be subtle than too obvious I guess. I had not looked at the
image that way. Then, indeed, I think the head of the guy is not turned in
the correct position as he seems to watch the landscape beyond the dome. I
suppose his face should almost be straight on.

Yes, I remarked the clothes "selection" of Poser or Daz. Rather ill-fitted
for most of the business as usual type of environments :-)

Thomas