POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity problem : Re: Radiosity problem Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:28:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity problem
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 19 Feb 2005 04:08:32
Message: <42170210@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> The result seems reasonable for the scene setup but this setup is not
> realistic.  The outside environment is too dark compared to the
> interior  (so you need to look at the finishes) and the ground is too
> bright compared to the sky (it even seems like there is ambient finish
> on the ground).

There is no ambient light at all, I set it to zero in the
global_settings. The sky is just a sky_sphere, so finish settings
wouldn't apply at all!

> No matter if there is sunlight outside or not it would be realistic
> for the windows to be completely overexposed if the corners of the
> room are not completely black.

Yes, that would be realistic for a camera - but the human eye adapts
differently to such light levels!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Mercy & Truth (Blonker)