POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Dire Passage : Re: Dire Passage Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dire Passage
From: John D  Gwinner
Date: 18 Feb 2005 21:55:02
Message: <4216aa86$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote in message
> This is a picture of the ship under construction (in 2000)  in a fairly
> advanced stage.

Nice - the prow looks a bit 'big' to me but I'm going to guess it's
accurate.

I understand what you mean about splines - I need to work with them a bit
more too, lots to learn there.

I vaugely remember foam all over the place when I was on a Navy ship long
ago, I just remembered it being on top too.  Makes me want to go look at
some google images of  the sea <G>.

If I remember right, the foam 'starts' on the wave crest, then the wave
moves and the foam doesn't, sorta.  Then again, that was a while ago.  I
should probably move these comments to the other thread.

        == John ==