POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : POVCOMP 2004: Official Results : Re: POVCOMP 2004: Official Results Server Time
17 Jun 2024 13:48:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVCOMP 2004: Official Results
From: Jim Charter
Date: 17 Feb 2005 16:12:25
Message: <421508b9$1@news.povray.org>
Marc Jacquier wrote:

> Do you think improving that image? (just a better quality render...)

I don't think it would be a significant enough improvement to make it
worthwhile.  There is just too much else that falls short. The hair can
look better but the density and coverage has to be balanced very
carefully. Out of testing time, and in order to guarantee an entry at
the last minute, I had to overdo the density, effectively nullifying the
usefulness of my technique. I may rework that composition just to
improve the technicals and rerender or I may upgrade the whole concept.

(While the open setting is very pleasing and came off way better than I
expected, the original idea involved a more oppressive sense of the
jungle, like described by Ferdinand Celine.)