POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : POVCOMP 2004: Official Results : Re: POVCOMP 2004: Official Results Server Time
3 May 2024 18:30:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVCOMP 2004: Official Results
From: emkaah
Date: 17 Feb 2005 11:35:28
Message: <4214c7d0$1@news.povray.org>
Ross wrote:
>>  equal 4th: "Victoria"s World" by Douglas Eichenberg
>

> wow that's cool. mostly because one sketch i did (i only ever get as far as
> sketching on paper most the time) was very similar, except not as lush, and
> without the birds. Instead of a woman looking at another little planet, it
> was a cartoony astronomer looking through a curvey telescope towards the
> planet. but at the top of the telescope was an ant. so the astronomer
> thought a giant ant was taking over the distant planet.
>
> Anyway, Douglas, you're image rocks and is about a million times better than
> anything I could have come up with. Simply beautiful. Top 2 in my list for
> sure.

That is also one of my favorites. Surprising how similar it is with the
3th place entry 'Dissolution'. Practically the same composition, both
unrealistic worlds, both perfectly executed, only the first has a
technical theme and the second a magical one.

If you put them side by side, I think, both images compliment each other
in that respect, like the alter ego of each another.