POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : POVCOMP 2004: Official Results : Re: POVCOMP 2004: Official Results Server Time
3 May 2024 22:43:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVCOMP 2004: Official Results
From: Ross
Date: 17 Feb 2005 10:48:26
Message: <4214bcca$1@news.povray.org>
>   equal 4th: "Victoria"s World" by Douglas Eichenberg

wow that's cool. mostly because one sketch i did (i only ever get as far as
sketching on paper most the time) was very similar, except not as lush, and
without the birds. Instead of a woman looking at another little planet, it
was a cartoony astronomer looking through a curvey telescope towards the
planet. but at the top of the telescope was an ant. so the astronomer
thought a giant ant was taking over the distant planet.

Anyway, Douglas, you're image rocks and is about a million times better than
anything I could have come up with. Simply beautiful. Top 2 in my list for
sure.