POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : POVCOMP 2004: Official Results : Re: POVCOMP 2004: Official Results Server Time
3 May 2024 11:09:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVCOMP 2004: Official Results
From: Jim Charter
Date: 17 Feb 2005 08:58:35
Message: <4214a30b@news.povray.org>
Chris Cason wrote:
> The primary results for POVCOMP 2004 are ready.

> We would like to thank our sponsors Appro (www.appro.com), AMD (www.amd.com),
> zazzle (www.zazzle.com), and Planet Mirror (www.planetmirror.com) for making
> this competition possible, plus our judges Dennis Miller, Evan Hallein, David
> Hook, Gilles Tran, Lance Birch, and Juha ('Warp') Nieminen for taking time
> out of their busy schedules over the past two weeks to rank the entries

Thankyou all for doing this, and congratulations on a remarkable
outcome.  Povers, given the chance, (and with a little coaxing,) have
done themselves proud! I sense that this is going to spur even more
innovation with POV-Ray's capabilities.

Congratulations to Johnny.  His image really embodies the expressiveness
of this new art form of raytracing, and much of the flavour and spirit
that POV-Ray and the POV-Ray community brings to it.