POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cherries : Re: Jaime's Fruit Macro [Was Re: Cherries] Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:23:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jaime's Fruit Macro [Was Re: Cherries]
From: Ron M
Date: 17 Feb 2005 05:20:47
Message: <421471ED.4010306@cheapcomplexdevices.com>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>   These are very nice... but why the lack of environment? Have you
> created them for any specific illustration purposes?

Well, 2 reasons, actually:

1. Originally, these were clickable images with a transparent
    background that were to be overlayed on top of a photographic
    image or video clip (like the navigation buttons over a DVD menu).

2. Thanks to your macro, it took me no more than a couple hours
    to make a dozen photorealistic fruits.  It would have taken
    me months or years to make an image of high enough quality
    to deserve such contents.