POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A simple indoor scene 138Kb : Re: A simple indoor scene 138Kb Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:29:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A simple indoor scene 138Kb
From: Alain
Date: 16 Feb 2005 18:44:10
Message: <4213daca$1@news.povray.org>
Stefan Viljoen nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-02-16 10:22:
> Hi all,
>
> A simple indoor scene depicting a part of my home's sitting room - still
> learning a lot about Pov as I go along.
>
> Likes:
>
> I think I got the carpet down pat.
>
> Dislikes:
>
> - Simplistic furniture models.
> - Hate the chairs' feet - a bit out of alignment as well.
> - Scene seems "empty" - lacking in spirit / complexity?
> - Something about the lighting is bothering me - supposed to be a bright
> early afternoon outside.
>
> Anyway, a penny for your thoughts.
>
> Regards,

If the light is suposed to come only from a window, the shadows are way to bright: try
lowering your
ambient value. Some missalignment of the furniture could realy improve the realism,
maybe some small
random rotation around the y axis. The wood grain looks to large compared ti the size
of the
furnitures, try scaling it down, maybe to 1/10 of it's present scale. Also, it's
orientation seems
odd, unnatural for furnitures. Once the composition is finalised, try Slime's
suggestion about
radiosity.
The edge of the white carpet is very good. I like your flowers.

Alain