POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : tracking simulation : Re: tracking simulation Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:38:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: tracking simulation
From: Colin
Date: 16 Feb 2005 13:42:15
Message: <42139407@news.povray.org>
Thx for all the suggestions on my problem.

It is really about the aspect problem. For now, my findings is about the
texture mapping rather than the image resolution.

I've try to use the the suggestion about resize the image with the width
of 352 pixel rather than the 384. But it turns out that the marker
pattern is still distorted (taller and thinner). Therefore, I use the
original 384x288 resolution and compare again. I've use the ruler to
measure all objects in the povray generated image and in the camera
captured image (there is a pixel ruler under linux, really convenient~).
I've found that those objects (the A4 paper) I defined is actually
having the same projected dimension with the real one. But for the
marker's patter, it become taller and thinner.

Therefore, is my texture mapping code actually wrong?

Here is my texture mapping source code:

#this is simulating a marker printed on an A4 size paper
    box
    {
       <0, 0, 0>, <21, 29.7, 0.01>
       pigment
       {
          image_map{png "marker1.png" once interpolate 2 map_type 0}
          scale <21, 29.7, 0.01>
       }
    }

regards