POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Nice View 2 (Dome city on Mars, AA+Rad) : Re: WIP - Nice View 2 (Dome city on Mars, AA+Rad) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - Nice View 2 (Dome city on Mars, AA+Rad)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Feb 2005 03:27:42
Message: <421303fe@news.povray.org>
"John D. Gwinner" <joh### [at] cornelledu> schreef in bericht

> Scale is 'correct' without vertical exaggeration, but I agree with you.
Fog
> was supposed to help but didn't seem to much.

Scale is a difficult topic because we are used to vertical exagerations. In
real life, I think 3D vision helps us to compensate and appreciate the true
dimensions, but in an image this is lost. On the other hand, I just realise
now what those dimensions of the Valles really are, and how it would look
like.

> Thanks!  Was it funny though?  Maybe no one gets it but me :)  Someone at
> work suggested changing the guys head angle slightly (and less chunky).

Funny? Oh, I am afraid to miss something here I am afraid.

> Actually it was TdG_FlackedPaint_Horizontal_1 ... pretty heavily modified
> Nothing might be left of the original but a normal ;-)

Life is tough!   ;-)

Thomas