POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : interlocking triangles : Re: interlocking triangles Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:28:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: interlocking triangles
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 15 Feb 2005 23:58:28
Message: <4212d2f4@news.povray.org>
James Buddenhagen wrote:
> While morphing between a snubcube and a cuboctahedron
> I spotted a nice arrangement of diagonals forming these
> interlocking triangles.
>
> Jim Buddenhagen
That is very nice!  I was playing around with the same shapes (cube and
octahedron), a while ago, but never noticed the diagonal vertices.  What
I did notice, was that rotating the faces of the cube 45 degrees and
out, gives the same shape as rotating the faces of the octahedron 60
degrees and out -- and the vertices are identically those of your
interlocking triangles (what is it, a snubcube or a cuboctahedron?)  But
the triangles -- that's really fascinating.

Dave Matthews

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'crsn_01.jpg' (38 KB) Download 'orsn_01.jpg' (41 KB)

Preview of image 'crsn_01.jpg'
crsn_01.jpg

Preview of image 'orsn_01.jpg'
orsn_01.jpg