POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Why does just this take a million years to render? : Re: Why does just this take a million years to render? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:26:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why does just this take a million years to render?
From: Bryan Valencia
Date: 15 Feb 2005 22:19:14
Message: <4212bbb2$1@news.povray.org>
Actually it did the sky in a jiffy, then it did 1 line every 4 minutes at
the horizon, and sped up a little after that.  At the time I posted, I had
just waited for the first few lines of the horizon, and cancelled, assuming
the whole isosurface would be as slow.

Also, I am confused as to why the 'land' all seems to be below y=0 when the
code is adding functions to y.