POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Human skin : some new experiments : Re: Human skin : some new experiments Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Human skin : some new experiments
From: John D  Gwinner
Date: 15 Feb 2005 11:47:02
Message: <42122786@news.povray.org>
"Jaime Vives Piqueres" <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote in message
>   After my last post here, I done a few more tests:
>
>   http://www.ignorancia.org/img_page.php?image=0&db=wip

Very impressive, although some of them look a little 'waxy'.

>   Looks like it's not a bad idea, but I fear the work required to create
> my own skull, and then remodeling the head to fit the same shape...

What about using an image map to do it?

A map would have the advantage of being able to control the effect near
elbows and knees, which would be a little 'thicker'.

Look at the following product:

http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=34302

This is using Poser's renderer, but the same Aoi trick can be (better) used
with POVRay.  I have to admit it's tempting to get the product and see what
the maps he uses look like.

        == John ==